Friday, November 18, 2011

Plaster Pals

When we worked with plasters everyone made a plaster pal. I thought this was a really fun project. I made a pig. First I had to blow up a balloon and then put plaster sheets on it. When it dried some of it was cracked so I put paper mache over the whole balloon, which made it more stable. When that dried I made a nose made up of wires and paper mached it and glued it on. Then I made ears and eyes. The ears were also made with wires and newspaper. When I finished glueing everything on I painted the whole pig face pink. This project was so fun. The most challenging thing was getting the plaster and paper mache to stay stable and not break. It was really cool starting from just a balloon then working on it for a week and seeing what came out of it. I am very happy with my finished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment