Monday, May 23, 2011

SKETCHBOOK ARCHEOLOGY

When I look at the cover of my sketchbook I see myself in the beginning of freshman year. I remember all I cared about was bright colors and fun designs. I think I have learned a lot this year, I still incorporate bright colors into my art work, but I also learned a lot this year about symmetry and texture and adding it into my work. I also started to love pencil drawings and using charcoal and oil pastels. As I turn the pages of my sketchbook I see all the bright colors I incorporated with my drawings and all of the collages I have made. As I turn through the pages of the middle of my book I start seeing more materials I have used like the xerox transfer of a picture of Marlyn Monroe and also many different designs with oil pastel. Towards the end of all my drawings you can see there is a very diverse amount of work. Anything from blendings oil pastel colors, pencil drawings, layering of paper, details in my drawings, to spray painting different designs. I have really enjoyed working in my sketchbook a lot. It has definitely helped me with projects I have done, and also expressing my feelings throughout the year. It has let me test out different materials and designs I wanted to try. I am really happy with my sketchbook from this past year and will hopefully keep it with my for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment